Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

Battle the Mountain: A Bikini Body Fitness CHALLENGE!!!

Battle the Mountain: A Bikini Body Fitness Challenge




     Are you tired of the same old routine? Need something new and challenging? This workout is not for the faint at heart, it is no "walk in the park."  This is a grueling workout that will leave you breathless!!! I created it today while I was at Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park and felt absolutely amazing when I finished. I challenge all of you to get to the park and try it out! You will ROCK it! No pun intended.

You dont need any equipment for this workout, although I used my gymboss timer to time my circuits. You can use a stopwatch or even your timer on your cell phone.

Park at the main gate that will allow you easy access to the main mountain trail. You can choose to either walk or jog the trail. When you approach the second bench stop and begin the first circuit.

Do each exercise for 30 seconds before moving on to the next. You may rest for 15 seconds between exercises if you need to. The first circuit will be completed and repeated at each of the next 3 benches for a total of three times.

Jumping Squats
Push-ups
Burpees
Step-ups
Tricep dips on bench

Once you have done each exercise for 30 seconds, sprint up the mountain for 30 seconds. I did my push-ups off the bench as well as the burpees because the ground was rocky and rough. If you are a warrior... go for it and do them on the ground. Remember stop at the next two benches and repeat this circuit.

Once you get to the top of the mountain enjoy the view and your hard work that got you there. There is a wide bench at the top that is perfect for the ab circuit. Again complete each exercise for 30 seconds before jogging back down the mountain to the next bench.

Side Plank (left side then right) 30 seconds hold on each side
Reverse crunch
Bicycles

Once reaching the first bench on the way down stop and do the following circuit

V-ups off the side of the bench
Reverse Crunch
Regular crunches with your hands straight up - reach for the trees.

There will be 2 more benches after this that you can repeat this ab circuit on.

I really enjoyed this workout. It really got my endorphins flowing.

Complete this CHALLENGE and let me know what you think! Take a picture from the top, I'd love to see it. Time yourself and each time you complete the workout try to beat your previous time :)

Get it right, Get it tight,
Rheannon

0 comments:

Post a Comment