Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Shrimp Ceviche Stuffed Avocados

Shrimp Ceviche Stuffed Avocados





This recipe is from Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Diet Stripped book and it tastes fantastic. It is absolutely perfect for a hot summer day, because its so refreshing! I bought precooked shrimp and let it thaw before making this dish. Its super simple and requires just a small amount of prep.

INGREDIENTS
1lb. jumbo cooked shrimp- peeled and deveined
1/2 red pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1 tomato finely chopped
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
Juice of 1/2 orange
Juice of 2 limes
1/2tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 avocadoes

Serves:4

DIRECTIONS:
1. Removes shrimp tails and discard. Cut each shrimp into three or four pieces. In a bowl, combine shrimp with all other ingredients except avocados. Refrigerate for 15 minutes to allow flavors to combine. 
2. Cut avocados in half and remove pits. Using a large spoon, scoop avocados out of their skins. Spoon ceviche into center of each avocado half, allowing it to overflow. Serve immediately.

I hope you guys enjoy this as much as I did!!

Unfortunately, due to an overtraining injury to my knee, I am no longer in competition training mode. I have been ordered by my doctor to take it easy on my knee for a few weeks. I will have to postpone my next competition until I feel that my knee is completely healed. Instead of the competition, I am following the Eat Clean Diet Stripped plan. This plan is supposed to help me shed 10 lbs in 28 days. Today was my first day on the plan and I feel great! I had a great shoulder workout today and also completed a 700m swim! I forgot how much I missed swimming because it has been so long. Since I have to stay off my knee for a little longer it looks like I will be hitting the pool to get my cardio in!

Get it right get it tight! Happy training everyone!

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think!

0 comments:

Post a Comment